Using sudo with relocatable hostnames

AdrianSingh at HBOSplc.com AdrianSingh at HBOSplc.com
Mon Dec 9 08:19:09 EST 2002

Brad,

using the IP address works,

so if you have an IP address that fails over when the package fails over you should be OK

Adrian Singh
Service Management - Security Operations, Unix
Service Delivery - Group Technology
Post: PY/E1/ITSM/SO/AS
Direct Dial: 0113 235 3738
Ext: 53738
Team Mailbox: $IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT - SO Unix
Team Xnet site:  <http://xnet/xnet/teams/xnt00045.nsf>

-----Original Message-----
From: Wagner, Brad [mailto:BEWAGNER at GAPAC.com]
Sent: 09 December 2002 12:45
To: 'sudo-users at sudo.ws'
Cc: 'mlh'
Subject: RE: Using sudo with relocatable hostnames

I appreciate the feedback.  However, with over 100 HP boxes, we are having to be fairly committed to developing a consistent sudoers file that will be comprehensive for the environment.  Then, as a change is made, the file will be copied out across the environment.

Anyone have any other suggestions on how this might be accomplished?

Thanks