errors from 'make'

Paul Norman pnorman at uk.ms-soc.com
Thu Dec 12 19:02:16 EST 2002

Hi all,

I am trying to run sudo on a single freshly-installed solaris 8 host. I have succeeded in compiling the package using the 'gcc' compiler and now have a 'makefile' etc. I am now under the impression that I need to 'Make' the file. This does not work and I ma gettingv the following error:

/usr/ccs/bin/make (whilst in dir where sudo package is located)

make: fatal error: Execute of /bin/arch failed.

Can anyone help me here?

N.B Apologies in advance as I am what is considered an amateur in UNIX.

Many Thanks

Paul-Simon Norman
Security Analyst
Symantec Security Services