errors from 'make'

Paul Norman pnorman at uk.ms-soc.com
Thu Dec 12 22:39:15 EST 2002

Todd,

Thanks for your mail and your points within. I have completed the first 'configure' stage and am trying to 'make' the file that I compiled using the gcc compiler which I got off the Solaris 8 companion cd. I have a Makefile and a Makefile.in files in my sudo directory and am trying to run 'make' like this:

# /usr/ccs/bin/make  (since this is not in my 'path')

I then get the following error:

make: fatal error: Execute of /bin/arch failed

Have you any other suggestions?

- Paul