Objections to sudo

Alek O. Komarnitsky (N-CSC) alek at ast.lmco.com
Thu Feb 7 15:37:56 EST 2002

> From: Patricia.Naparsteck at kemperinsurance.com
> Subject: Objections to sudo
> To: sudo-users at sudo.ws
>
> Some systems engineers have objected that sudo "may not be flexible enough
> " because each command would need to be wrapped.
> How would you respond to this objection?  What's a not so painful way of
> creating the sudoers file?
> Thanks.
> Pat

Wellllll ... IMHO, people like this are lamers ... using sudo
means (in most cases) you have to type an extra 5 characters:

The benefits of logging/accountability far outwieght the cost
of typing those 5 characters and I'm more than happy to do so
myself just so there is a record of what I did (and what I didn't do).

My two cents ... or I guess 5 Bytes!    ;-)
alek

P.S. BTW, I bet if they looked, many of those command may NOT
require root privilages - so you should not be using root for
'em in the first place - principal of leave privilage.