maintaining original uid with sudo

VonGrebe, Chris cvongrebe at intrado.com
Wed Feb 13 16:12:07 EST 2002

I have a particular application which has some special requirements. In
order to perform certain actions, it looks to the REAL uid of the user, and
if that uid is not the application user account, it won't allow the action
to be performed.

Is there a way to use sudo to prevent sharing an account in this instance?
What I would like to do is allow users to su - to the account in question,
and have their real uid change to the uid of what they have sudo su - 'ed
to.

I hope this makes sense. =)( Basically, I need sudo to change the real uid
of the user either upon su to that user, or upon executing a command owned
by that user.

chris