Is there a way to ...

GDIECKHAUS at TRANSENTRIC.COM GDIECKHAUS at TRANSENTRIC.COM
Thu Feb 28 11:22:27 EST 2002

I have a group of users that we would like to allow to run certain unix
command on certain directories.

I see how I can set up this group of users to do the unix  commands, but
the way I have it set up allows them to run the commands anywhere.
My current user priv section has
SNA_ADMINS              SNA_HOSTS = (SNA_OP) SNA_UNIX

Is there a way to make the SNA_ADMINS only be able to run these commands on
the /xyzapps directory? (and all directories underneath?)

I've attached the relevent information from my sudoers file below.

# ----------------   Begin Host alias specifications   ----------------

Host_Alias      SNA_HOSTS = ourhostname

# ----------------   End   Host alias specifications   ----------------

# ----------------   Begin User alias specifications   ----------------

# User aliases for Infrastructure group Apache admins
#   NOTE: The transweb account is explicitly NOT included because too many
#         people use that account.

User_Alias      SNA_ADMINS = userid1,userid2

# ----------------   End   User alias specifications   ----------------

# ----------------   Begin Runas alias specifications   ---------------
Runas_Alias     SNA_OP = root
# ----------------   End   Runas alias specifications   ---------------

# ----------------   Begin Cmnd alias specifications   ----------------
Cmnd_Alias      CHMOD = /bin/chmod
Cmnd_Alias      CHGRP = /bin/chgrp
Cmnd_Alias      CHOWN = /bin/chown
Cmnd_Alias      KILL = /bin/kill
Cmnd_Alias      SNA_UNIX = CHMOD, CHGRP, CHOWN, KILL
# ----------------   End   Cmnd alias specifications   ----------------

# --------------   Begin User privilege specifications   --------------

# User privilege specification
# This root entry is from the original sudoers file.
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL

# User privilege specifications for SNA Infrastructure admins
SNA_ADMINS              SNA_HOSTS = (SNA_OP) SNA_UNIX