email of sudo denials not happening

Mark Schubert Mark.Schubert at cogita.com.au
Thu Jan 24 01:26:01 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have configured sudo with the following command on an Alpha running TRU64
V4.0F and are not getting any emails when issuing invalid sudo commands:

./configure --with-insults --with-all-insults --with-ignore-dot
--with-alertmail=root --with-message=short --with- timeout=0
--with-secure-path --disable-root-sudo --with-passprompt="Password for %u:"

I have done the same on a system running V5.1 of TRU64 and are having no
problems with emails being sent through by the event manager daemon. NOTE:
the event manager daemon does not exist in V4.0F.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark.