problem with group

George Kahler george at yorku.ca
Thu Mar 7 12:10:10 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm running sudo-1.6.5p2 and tcsh 6.09.00 on Solaris 7.

We use sudo at the University here to give limited access to
developers and are having problems with sudo not preserving
environment variables such as the USER end etc. (need for revision
control).

This was fixed by "Defaults   !set_logname" in the sudoers file,
however, there is still one last problem in that when the user issues
sudo -s his group (dev) does not get preserved but gets set to "1 (other)'.

Any files they create are now group owned by root:other.
Any ideas how this can be overcome?
Thanks!

George Kahler                             e-mail:  george at yorku.ca
Systems Administrator                 humans:  (416) 736-2100 x.22699
Computing and Network Services            machines:  (416) 736-5830
Ontario, Canada, M3J-1P3