Réf. : Shell script question

steve.bernier at desjardins.com steve.bernier at desjardins.com
Thu Mar 21 09:31:01 EST 2002

Hi,

A simple solution:

The main script is executed with the user permission (no sudo).

Each "functions" call other script thru sudo.  So you can permit or not those scripts, not the main script.

Steve

"Robert Cross" <Robert.Cross at scottish-newcastle.co.uk>@sudo.ws on 2002-03-21 09:12:30

Envoyé par :   sudo-users-admin at sudo.ws

Pour :    sudo-users at sudo.ws
cc :
Objet :   Shell script question

I've got a shell scripted menu system here that calls a couple of of shell
scripts to do the functions. Is there
anyway I could use sudo to permit/deny access to the menu functions
individually, rather than just
allowing the user access to the whole menu system or not as it does at the
moment. I can't see any obvious
way to do this since the users sudo into the menu system, and from then on
they're in as root for all the
menu items.

Sorry if this is major RTFM territory - but I did rtfm/experiment first
before posting.

Ta

Bob Cross.

This message is confidential.  It may also be privileged or
protected by other legal rules.  It is not an offer
or acceptance of an offer, nor shall it form any part
of a legally binding contract.  If you have received this
communication in error, please let us know by reply then
destroy it.  You should not use, print, copy the message or
disclose its contents to anyone.

E-mail is subject to possible data corruption, is not
secure, and its content does not necessarily represent the
opinion of this Company.  No representation or warranty is
made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information
and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from
its use.

This e-mail and any attachments are not guaranteed to be
free from so-called computer viruses. You should check for
viruses before down-loading it to your computer equipment.
This Company has no control over other websites to which there
may be hypertext links and no liability is accepted in relation
to those sites.

This Company randomly monitors its e-mail system (including
incoming e-mails) for operational purposes.

Scottish & Newcastle plc
Registered in Scotland, Registered Number 16288
Registered Office: 33, Ellersly Road, Edinburgh, EH12 6HX