Log Reader

alek at ast.lmco.com alek at ast.lmco.com
Sun May 19 23:17:50 EDT 2002

> From sudo-users-admin at sudo.ws Fri May 17 11:35 MDT 2002
> From: Patrick Dwyer <padwyer at hotmail.com>
>
> <DIV>Hi,</DIV>
> <DIV>I was wondering if anyone knew of a good log reader for Sudo.  We have a central log host and sudo working on about 80 different systems.  Bottom line is we need to be able to give management a concise report of who is doing what.</DIV>

You might take a look at "sudo-usage" ... which parses through the
sudolog and generate various "interesting" stats. It is bundled with
sudoers-lint (checks your sudoers file for various anomolies) as part
of the "sudo-tools" package available from the sudo home page or here:
   http://www.komar.org/
      -> Misc. Tech Stuff
      -> sudo-tools

Note sure if that is actually what you are looking for (?)
alek