Sudo Logging

Barkley, John John.Barkley at gedas.com
Wed May 22 09:13:29 EDT 2002

Todd,
I have a logging question. I am fully aware that sudo stores entries within
the messages file located up under /var/adm. I am wondering if additional
logging can be turned on? I have been asked to give some privileged users
root access to certain servers within our environment. I lost the battle of
root access with management! But I would like to keep the same password on
all of our machines. So I decided to use sudo to allow specific users to su
- to the root account. Is there any way to track what a users doing while in
a root shell through sudo?

Thank you for your time...

John Barkley
gedas USA, Inc.
UNIX Administrator, Computing and Networks
3800 Hamlin Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
USA
Telephone +1-248-754-5318