passwd problem on solaris 8

Mark Dopheide mark.dopheide at wml.com
Thu Sep 5 17:26:22 EDT 2002

 Hi,

I've running Sudo version 1.5.9p4 on Solaris 8 for many months.

I just recently changed the root passwd using 'passwd root' but now when I type the usual 'sudo tcsh' then the new passwd is not accepted. I absolutely know that I am using the right passwd but it is not accepted.

I didn't originally compile (or re-compile) sudo so I can't say what options were used but all I know is that it worked before I changed root passwd.

What's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.