Error when trying to execute the child script with "nohup"

Sorayuth.Kamthawee at orange.co.th Sorayuth.Kamthawee at orange.co.th
Thu Sep 12 07:22:14 EDT 2002

Dear JMM,

I have already tried that solution before but it's still has the problem
with other error messege as following:

     ./parent.sh: child.out: Cannot create the specified file.

Regards,

SKE.

                    monnez.jean-marc at ag
                    ora.msa.fr                To:     Sorayuth.Kamthawee at orange.co.th
                                              cc:     sudo-users at sudo.ws, sudo-users-admin at sudo.ws
                    12/09/2002 04:02 PM       Subject:     Re: Error when trying to execute the child script with
                                               "nohup"

If you don't redirect stdout and stderr, nohup needs to open a nohup.out
file
in current directory, with the rights of the owner of the process.
Either you give the rights to the user to write in current dir, or better :
nohup ./child.sh   >>child.out  2>&1  &

Regards

-- JMM

Sorayuth.Kamthawee at orange.co.th wrote :

> All,
>
> Please help me find the solutions, I have wrote the script (called
PARENT)
> that have to call other script (called CHILD) using "nohup" and out the
> child script to background job as following:

> nohup ./child.sh &

> command_or_script_here
>
> The error message will shown as, "nohup: cannot open/create nohup.out".
But