sudo + ssh..

Mridul Pentapalli MridulP at virtusa.com
Mon Apr 7 07:52:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

I sent a mail to comp.security.ssh but no reply. I'm hoping that you guys
have a pointer towards the solution... so here goes...

My program is run by another program using sudo. I need to use netstat on a
remote machine. The command ends up looking like this

sudo ssh -l blah 1.2.3.4 sudo netstat -p

This asks me for the password of blah at 1.2.3.4.

I have configured the remote machine in such a way that I can connect to it
with an empty passphrase.

ssh -l blah 1.2.3.4 sudo netstat -p

works without asking me for any password.

Is there a way I can get the ssh to use the passphrase. Since this system
call is being invoked from within a program, I do not want to pass the
password every time.

Regards,
Mridul.

"Code softly and carry a big debugger."