sudo + ssh..

Jim Hopp jim at netyourwork.com
Mon Apr 7 10:59:35 EDT 2003

This is exactly what ssh-agent is designed for.  In this case to set it
up you'd generate a public/private key pair for the user, put the public
key on machine 1.2.3.4, start ssh-agent on the local machine and load
the user's private key.  From then on, ssh on the local machine will use
the ssh-agent to provide authentication when ssh connects to 1.2.3.4.

We use this mechanism extensively to run batch jobs across machines, and
it works great.  And you don't have to do anything insecure like using
empty passphrases.

-Jim