Using the PATH variable in sudo

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at chevrontexaco.com
Tue Aug 19 10:51:35 EDT 2003

Sudo uses the PATH from the users environment unless sudo was compiled
with the SECURE_PATH set to something.

Either the admins need to add the paths to THEIR environment (i.e. add
/usr/sbin/ or whatever to their path) or recompile sudo with SECURE_PATH
set to something sane like /usr/bin:/usr/sbin/:.. Etc.

Eric