passwd prompt

Miles, Karl Karl.Miles at littlewoods.co.uk
Wed Feb 26 02:35:03 EST 2003

Peter,

Yes there is a way of overriding the default timeout.  To do it for all
users
add the following text to your /etc/sudoers file with 'visudo':

Defaults		timestamp_timeout=0

This will make the user have to authenticate each time, replace this number
with the number of minutes you'd prefer.  A number less that zero will have
the user's timestamp never expire.

As for applying it for selected users, you can use your User_Alias' like so:

User_Alias		GRP1=user01,user03,user04
User_Alias		GRP2=user02,user05
User_Alias		GRP3=user06

Defaults:GRP1	timestamp_timeout=0
Defaults:GRP2	timestamp_timeout=10
Defaults:GRP3	timestamp_timeout=-1

So, GRP1 users will have to authenticate every time, GRP2 every 10 minutes,
and GRP3's timestamps won't expire.  They can kill their timestamp if they
want with:

sudo -k

Hope that helps you.  It's all in the documentation on the website :)

Karl.