Sudo for Solaris vs True64

Birgitta Hällbrink (GIS) birgitta.hallbrink at gis.ericsson.se
Thu Feb 27 04:05:35 EST 2003

Hi
I have been working with sudo in Solaris and it worked just as the manuals told me. Now I try to use it under True64 and I notice some strange behaviour.

I downloaded the latest binary for True64 and installed it.
I created an empty sudoersfile and put this lines in it

# Cmnd alias specification
Cmnd_Alias      SHELLS = /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/ksh, \
                         /usr/local/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/rsh, \
                         /usr/local/bin/zsh
Cmnd_Alias      SU = /usr/bin/su - bitte
# User privilege specification
# Temporary for test
birgitta        ALL = SU, SHELLS
Defaults:birgitta       runas_default = birgitta

If I have understand sudo right, wouldn´t be necessary true, the only thing it would do is to let me be bitte.
when I type "sudo ksh"  nothing happens I´m still the user "birgitta"
If I take away the line that start with Defaults and do a sudo ksh birgitta become root.
Could you please tell me what I´m doing wrong.

Regards