Basic Sudo Issue!!

Lucas Clark lclark11 at rci.rogers.com
Thu Jul 24 11:10:10 EDT 2003

Thank you for the response. When we did specify the location of 'Ipchains'
everything worked fine.

Our only remaining question is how to execute a sudo command, where a third
user  (i.e dummy3, who is not part of the sudoers file) runs sudo as a user
that has the 'IPchains' permissions.

In other words we want to long in as dummy3 and run sudo as dummy2. When
logged in as dummy3 can we use something along the lines of:
sudo "here we specify dummy2" Ipchains ...? So we run ipchains as if we were
dummy2?

Thank you again for your help

Lucas Clark
Rogers AT&T Wireless