problem using sudo on nis environment

Sarkar, Anirban ASarkar at jamdat.com
Thu Jul 24 14:33:10 EDT 2003

I have a NIS environment with a linux 7.3 as the NIS master and solaris 5.8
as the client, all the functionality in NIS works properly.I'm also rinning
nfs to automount the home directories of the users from the NIS master, when
the user logs on to the client.

I want to give sudo rights to some users on the client machine, when I add a
user on the sudoers, they can run the sudo command but it gives the
following error :

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: Permission denied
bash: /home/dev121/.bashrc: Permission denied

At this point the user has  uid=0 gid=1(other).
Basically the user has no access to his home directory once he becomes root.

Can anyone please give me a solution to this, I have spent a lot of time
finding the solution of this problem on the net, but no luck yet.

-sarkar.