transparent sudo?

J.Sternal at mainova.de J.Sternal at mainova.de
Mon Jul 28 06:41:43 EDT 2003

Hi,

we're looking for something like a "transparent sudo" (for AIX 5.1), so
that the users don't realize that they're using a tool like sudo. Also as
we have got a lot of home-made automatic scripts (some ancient and well
hidden), it would be difficult to put sudo in everywhere.

So is there any alternative for sudo or something similar which does
almost the same (somehting like a config-file where you can put in all
allowed commands and times for any user with the privileges of any other
user) but without the need to put a "sudo" or anything else before?
It doesn't matter if it's freeware or not as long as it's stable enough
for important machines.

Thank you!
Jo Sternal