User has full root right to all file not some

Jamie Nudds jamie.nudds at antlimited.com
Thu Jun 5 09:48:51 EDT 2003

Hi

I have just installed sudo-1.6.7p5 on one my servers with the
following config. The problems is that the user in question also
has full root access and can sudo vi (any file) they wish..

I only wanted the user to be able to edit httpd.conf + restart
apache on one server

Host_Alias	TRENCH	   = trench

User_Alias	APACHEUSER = jamie

Cmnd_Alias	APACHE     = /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd
Cmnd_Alias	VI         = /bin/vi
Cmnd_Alias	EDITAPACHE = /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

APACHEUSER	TRENCH = APACHE, VI, EDITAPACHE

This all looks fine but as I said the user can also for example
do; sudo vi /etc/fstab and be able to edit the file...

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jamie