nishantsharma at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 12:54:53 EDT 2003
I am having no experience in using SUDO, complete new
I want to use SUDO for my software.
I explain my problem in points :
1. The main problem is that I am not having "root"
permissions on my UNIX system.
2. I installed complete SUDO on my UNIX machine using
various OPTIONS while "configuring " it,giving
3. Then run "make", then run "make install".
4. Now, when I try to run any "sudo" command,it is
saying "Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.". I tried all
options in given in "TROUBLESHOOTING", but nothing
5. When I tries to modify sudoer file, it is also
giving error saying "visudo: Unable to set (uid, gid)
of /export/home/nish/config/sudoers.tmp to (0, 0): Not
Please tell me that is it necesary to have "root"
permissions for installing SUDO and modifying "sudoer"
Please help me out.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
More information about the sudo-users