help

nishant sharma nishantsharma at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 12:54:53 EDT 2003

Hi All,
I am having no experience in using SUDO, complete new
at it.
I want to use SUDO for my software.

I explain my problem in points :
1. The main problem is that I am not having "root"
permissions on my UNIX system.

2. I installed complete SUDO on my UNIX machine using
various OPTIONS while "configuring " it,giving
--prefix=$HOME/install_sudo,--exec-prefix=$HOME/install_sudo,--sysconfdir=$HOME/config,--with-logging=file,--with-logfac=user,--with-logpath=$HOME/logs,--with-timedir=$HOME/timedir.

3. Then run "make", then run "make install".

4. Now, when I try to run any "sudo" command,it is
saying "Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.". I tried all
options in given in "TROUBLESHOOTING", but nothing
happened.

5. When I tries to modify sudoer file, it is also
giving error saying "visudo: Unable to set (uid, gid)
of /export/home/nish/config/sudoers.tmp to (0, 0): Not
owner".

Please tell me that is it necesary to have "root"
permissions for installing SUDO and modifying "sudoer"
file.

Please help me out.

Rgds,
Nishant