Sudoscript 2.1.0 Released

Howard Owen hbo at egbok.com
Fri Jun 13 15:12:08 EDT 2003

Sudoscript is a system for running audited shells with sudo(8)
and script(1). That used to say "audited root shells." The
major change in version 2.1.0 is the ability to run sudo-enabled
audited shells as any user. The documentation has been beefed up
to cover the configuration steps needed to make this happen.

I reserve major version increments for architecture changes.
I'm now contemplating a 3.0 branch in response to a suggestion
from David B. Harris. He wanted to maintain sudoscript for
the Debian project, but suggested I look into limiting the need
for root privileges in the daemon. I have roughed out an architecture
for doing just that. It's a large enough change to warrant the
major version number increment.

--
Howard Owen                      "Even if you are on the right
EGBOK Consultants                 track, you'll get run over if you