Using relative path in sudoers

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri May 16 00:42:26 EDT 2003

In message <20030514052105.9572D3A2F at sitemail.everyone.net>
	so spake kumar parab (kumar.parab):

> I have recently installed and configured sudo on a Solaris 8 box. Its been wo
> rking fine but my users require to execute one command using relative path.
>
> e.g. ./cmd1
>
> Sudoers is erroring with syntax. I dont know how to achieve this.

Do you want to allow a user to run "cmd1" in *any* directory?  That's
the equivalent of letting a user run any command at all and basically
defeats the logging.

Now, if you just want "cmd1" in a specific directory then put
the fully-qualified pathname in sudoers and "sudo ./cmd1" should
work since sudo will fully-qualify the pathname for you.