how to prevent ./*

Martin Vazquez mtrash1 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:15:47 EST 2003

Can anyone tell me how to configure sudoers in order to prevent someone from
doing ./* ?
I am trying to prevent someone from executing a command XX, so I configured

!/usr/bin/XX

but still that user can go and do cd /usr/bin, ./XX.

I cannot seem to put ! ./XX in sudoers, I get a syntax error.

Can anyone tell how to do it?

By the way, is it possible to include subdirectories when putting wildcards?
For instance, I would like !/usr/* to prevent from doing everything under
/usr, including subdirectories. Any idea?

Thanks a lot

Martin