Sudo + LDAP

Aaron Spangler as at insight.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 11:05:50 EDT 2003

The patch was released to Todd friday (10/10/03).  I am hoping he will
redistribute when he gets a chance.

The LDAP patch makes it really nice on several hundred unix boxes.  It can
be configure to not use /etc/sudoers at all.  Since there is no
/etc/sudoers, there is no longer a need for visudo, so depending on the
installation it is possible for a single executable deployment.
Sudo with the LDAP patch does use the shared config file /etc/ldap.conf
This file is used to locate the LDAP server and is also used by pam_ldap &
nss_ldap on various unix's.

 -Aaron