easy config problem ...

Alek O. Komarnitsky (N-CSC) alek at ast.lmco.com
Wed Oct 29 14:44:18 EST 2003

> From sudo-users-bounces at sudo.ws Wed Oct 29 11:17 MST 2003
> From: Kenn Murrah <kenn at thebytebusiness.com>
> >
> >P.S. For those interested in a little Halloween Levity,
> >I've setup the webcam/webcontrol again as I did last xmas.
> >"only" ~4,000 lights (instead of 22,000 for xmas/2002),
> >but I got the Hulk spotlighted - check it out at:
> >   http://www.komar.org/halloween/
> >

> Thanks, Alek.
>
> Not only did your answer solve my problem, but your Halloween site is GREAT.
>
> Thanks again,
> kennM

Glad you like the Halloween site - BTW, there is some geographic awareness
in the CGI script that actually controls the webcam - see:
   http://www.komar.org/cgi-bin/halloween_webcam
and it's running 90%+ hits from the US - see:
   http://www.komar.org/halloween/2003/stats/
Isn't Halloween celebrated elsewhere?

alek

P.S. Back to sudo - I saw your subsequent Emails about other problems;
not sure what to say - the syntax is fairly straighforward - you ARE
running a reasonably vintage of sudo - right?  Assuming you REALLY
have a shell on the server of interest, you only need to match that
machine name (or ALL) ... so confusing why this did not work remotely.
I know you said "via SSH" ... but some folks expect it to work via
httpd/web-based tools ... and in that case, you need to give the
httpd user access to sudo (very carefully BTW!   ;-)