sudo mail notification

Luis de Sousa (KI/EAB) luis.de.sousa at ericsson.com
Wed Sep 17 05:42:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

probably a stupid question, but I'm new with sudo and haven't find the answer to
my question anywere. ( I don't seem to understand the syntax explained in the manual).

I've installed sudo, V. 1.6.3p5, on an SUN server running Solaris 8.
I've configured the /etc/sudoers file and it's no problem running the commands in the sudoers file as sudo.
However, I which to get a notification mail every time some user executes a command as sudo, and
I don't get it to work.

Are there any kind soul that can give me a hint?

Here is my sudoers file,

# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

# Host alias specification
Host_Alias     SERVERS = erics016

# User alias specification
User_Alias     PARTTIMERS = netsim

# Cmnd alias specification
Cmnd_Alias     X25 = /opt/SUNWconn/x25/*

# Defaults
Defaults        logfile=/var/log/sudo.log, log_year

Defaults:mail_always true
Defaults        mailerpath=/usr/lib/sendmail
Defaults        mailto=" Luis.de.Sousa at ericsson.com <mailto:Luis.de.Sousa at ericsson.com> "

# User privilege specification
PARTTIMERS     ALL = NOPASSWD: /opt/SUNWconn/x25/bin/*

Best regards,
Luis de Sousa