sudo groups in PAM LDAP

Aaron Spangler as at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 16:33:21 EST 2004

If you use Sudo 1.6.8 or higher, you can have it lookup sudo privileges
through LDAP. (instead of or in addition to /etc/sudoers).
You can group your users through UNIX groups or Netgroups.  If you are using
NSS_LDAP then your groups & netgroups can be stored in LDAP.  (See RFC 2307)

Currently this version of sudo can only be got from CVS.  (See the sudo web
page on how to download the code through CVS).

Also when you configure sudo, do it like this
./configure --with-pam --with-ldap

Make sure to view the 'README.LDAP' file and let me know if you have any
problems.

  - Aaron