Apache as non root with sudo

Jamie Bowden jamiebowden at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 10:09:57 EST 2004

Hello,

I have installed sudo and am wondering why I cannot get non root users to
start apache when that user issues the command "sudo apachectl start"

This user has been given 100% root access via sudo command.   They can run
any command root can.

The error message I get is:
ld.so.1: /opt/ebill/app/bin/httpd: fatal: libmm.so.11: open failed: No such
file or directory
Killed
/opt/ebill/app/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Does sudo not give the user the same paths as root?  Root does not get this
message - isn't Sudo supposed to make that user "behave" like root?

Any suggestions on what else I could verify?

Thanks

Jamie Bowden
www.atl.bluecross.ca