first question

Peter Lauda peter at compclass.com
Fri Jan 16 13:55:55 EST 2004

***********************
This e-mail was scanned when sent and was deemed virus free by ISVW SMB
***********-***********

Hi,

I am trying to set up a sudoers file that will allow me to:

1. Invoke a command that normally runs as another user on a unix system.

2. Uses that users env in order to understand the required paths, etc, for
the execution.

Here's an example of what I'm trying:

sudo -u target_user_name sh  -c /usr/target_user_home_dir/bin/cmd arg

I get:

Sorry, user my_user_name is not allowed to execute 'sudo -u
target_user_name sh  -c /usr/target_user_home_dir/bin/cmd arg' as
target_user_name on host.name.com

I've read through the description of this in a faq, but when I set it up
and try to run it, I get a mesage that I am not allowed to exectute the
cmd as the target user as above.

Any one have any tips or tricks for checking the sudoers file to see if
I've missed something or got something wrong?

Any help greatly aprpeciated.

Thanks!

--p

* To increase network security, TCCI, Inc. scans all outgoing            *
* messages with InterScan VirusWall from Trend Micro. We assume  *
* no liability for messages once they leave our network.                  *