sudo: no passwd entry for compiler!

David Reece dreece at liquidcap.com
Tue Jan 20 19:53:35 EST 2004

Hi

I've just installed sudo on a sun machine with the binary packages from
sunfreeware.com for a Solaris 8 environment, and when I run 'make' I get the
following error ... As a newbie this might just be a dumb mistake, but I
can't seem to find any info on this  .....

[dare]$ make all
sudo: no passwd entry for compiler!
[dare]$

I've had a go at modifying the sudoers file but as yet have had no luck, do
I need to add 'compiler' as a user in my system ... Weird as it may seem ..

Any help greatly appreciated ...
Thanks in advance

david

And FYI I've added the sudoers file and system info below

[dare]$ uname -a
SunOS unknown 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
[dare]$

# sudoers file.
#
# Host alias specification
Host_Alias LCM_TEST = 10.1.15.1

# User alias specification
User_Alias FULLTIMERS = dare

# Cmnd alias specification
Cmnd_Alias SU=/usr/bin/su
Cmnd_Alias SHELLS=/usr/bin/sh,/usr/bin/csh,/usr/bin/bash
Cmnd_Alias COMPILE=/usr/ccs/bin/make,/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC

# Defaults specification

# User privilege specification
root ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Same thing without a password