Can't run from Current Directory

Brandon Checketts bchecketts at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:50:31 EST 2004

I'm upgrading from CU Sudo 1.5.3 to version 1.6.7p5, however I'm having
trouble with the new version not running a command if it is in my current
directory.  For example, I want to give some groups permissions to restart
Samba with the command "/etc/rc2.d/S99samba".  If I cd to /etc/rc2.d and
then run "S99samba" then I get a "Command Not Allowed" error message.
However, if I run ./S99samba or use the full path /etc/rc2.d/S99samba, then
sudo allows me to run the command as I would expect.  The current directory
(.) is the last item in my path and the sudo documentation indicates that
this should work.  My current version does run as I want.  I would prefer
not to compile with the --with-secure-path. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Brandon Checketts