[sudo-users] Problem with Host_Alias

Aaron Bush abush at microelectronics.com
Thu Jul 8 07:43:08 EDT 2004

I have confirmed that sudo is checking the hostname against the variable
name too.  If I change the variable name from K200 to K200A then the sudo
access is denied as expected.  Is sudo supposed to be checking against the
variable name and its contents too?  This seems to be dangerous as someone
could accidently allow access to commands by choosing a poor variable name.

Thanks,
-ab