[sudo-users] Problem with Host_Alias

Aaron Spangler as at insight.rr.com
Thu Jul 8 09:42:20 EDT 2004

Its a limitation with the parsing of /etc/sudoers.  If you compile sudo
with the -ldap option and you enable storing of the sudoRoles into LDAP
you won't have this problem because Aliases are used.  It does require
setting up (or using an existing) LDAP server such as Novel NDS( aka
eDirectory), Microsoft Active Directory, Sun iPlanet Directory, IBM
Secureway or OpenLDAP.  Its always an option but it does require some up
front work.

 -as