[sudo-users] sudoers problem

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Fri Jul 16 17:10:33 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 02:17:12PM -0600, Todd C. Miller wrote:

> Sudo gets the IP addresses from the list of active network interfaces
> on the machine.  It current skips localhost, though it would be
> easy to just preload 127.0.0.1 and localhost.

OK, consider the following just as example: let's say, that I've got 50
machines for tuning using "sudo". I want to give some permissions to every
user of every single machine; but the privileges are tied only to machine,
where user has his account - and not to entire network (so I cannot use ALL
term). In such way, I have to make 50 different /etc/sudoers - just because
I can't use common "localhost" name.  :(  Besides: what if someone will
change the name of his machine?

Does there exist a way to define "Host_Alias LOCALHOST" - which limits
privileges just to local machine - but without using real name and IP (it
_can_ be changed in the future)?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski