[sudo-users] path expansion

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Fri Jul 30 14:17:32 EDT 2004

OK...maybe it's just me or this may have already been addressed in the latest patch but I can't update until the final release.  This is what I'm seeing under HPUX on IPF.  Sudo used to not require you to put in the full path as given for a command.  I have several command aliases set up and the user has to do:

sudo -u someuser /full/path/to/command

And are disallowed if they

cd /full/path/to
sudo -u someuser ./command

I seem to recall this not being an issue before.  Am just insane or is this truly unexpected behavior?

=G=

Some theories on problem solving:
It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing about the problem.
The chief cause of problems is solutions.
Gordon's Law:
        If you think you have the solution, the question was  poorly phrased.
Woolsey-Swanson Rule:
        People would rather live with a problem they cannot
        solve rather than accept a solution they cannot understand.