[sudo-users] how to implement *CD* under sudo

Alan Sparks asparks at quris.com
Mon Jun 28 10:36:44 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 09:40, Tinni wrote:
> Hi
> So it will be really helpful if i get the hints for implementation of *how to
> implement the CD command*..

I can think of no good way you'd do this, short of faking up a "cd" like
script to spawn a subshell under sudo that starts in that directory.
But that's as bad as letting people run bash or some other shell under
sudo.

Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to do something with sudo that is
most appropriately done with standard UNIX access controls.  I don't
find sudo a good substitute for using the normal UNIX security model.

Then again, maybe I misunderstand what you're trying to accomplish...
-Alan

Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator	asparks at quris.com
Quris, Inc.				(720) 836-2058