sudoers file - can group name have spaces?

Kevin Weslowski kweslowski at mcnairbd.com
Tue May 4 13:42:29 EDT 2004

Hello,

sudo newbie here...

I just configured SAMBA on my (Fedora) Linux so that Domain Users can
logon to the machine; I did this using winbind;

Now, I'm trying to give users who are part of the group "Domain Admins"
who logon to that machine the ability to run any command as root...which
is why I came to sudo!

The problem I'm facing, is that the group name I want to put in the
sudoers file has spaces in it: "Domain Admins"

and it looks like sudoers doesn't accept spaces for group names;

Example valid snip of sudoers file:

---

%nospacesinthisgroupname       ALL=(ALL) ALL

---

but the syntax I'm using fails:

---

%Domain Admins          ALL=(ALL) ALL

---

Is there a way around this? Anyone else ran into a similar situation?

Kevin