Question about Replication of the /etc/sudoers

Danny Bendersky dbenders at netline.cl
Thu May 27 13:01:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

Last few days I started to use sudo in order to do things as root
without using the root password. The problem that I have is that I have
about 35 Servers and I want to replicate the /etc/sudoers in all the
servers to have exactly the same privilegies in each server.

The way i configure all the servers is having a central server that
serve CVS and RSYNC, so all the configurations, including the
"/etc/sudoers" file I upload ti the CVS Server, and then each server
get the file using RSYNC.

Then, when I try to use the sudo, it claims that the "/etc/sudoers" is
corrupt. I just edit the file locally with VI doing nothing more than
delete any coment line, and then the sudo works.

Any idea why the replication fails? any suggestion to implement this?

I apreciate  any TIP/HELP.
--
Saludos....

Daniel Bendersky.

Daniel Bendersky              Director de Operaciones y Tecnología
dbenders at netline.cl                          http://www.netline.cl
NETLINE                                Av. Vitacura # 2939 of. 202
Oficina   : +56 2 751 2600            Las Condes, Santiago - CHILE
Celular   : +56 9 998 9122               Fax2mail : +56 2 751 2651
Voice2mail: +56 2 751 2618
            "Success is a journey, not a destination"