Question about Replication of the /etc/sudoers

Aaron Spangler as at insight.rr.com
Thu May 27 20:33:42 EDT 2004

If you have an LDAP server (such as Active Directory, or iPlanet or
NDS/eDirectory) you might consider storing your /etc/sudoers in LDAP.  Then
you make one mod to LDAP and all servers are instantly updated.  (Even if
the systems are all standalone)

The LDAP version is available in the latest sudo beta (1.6.8b1 or 1.6.8b2).
You can find this on the http://sudo.ws web page under beta versions.  It
takes a little work to get it setup.  (You have to add some schema
extensions to the ldap server) but once it is all in place, then sudo
becomes centralized!

 -Aaron