[sudo-users] HOWTO put many editors easily

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at chevrontexaco.com
Wed Nov 17 17:24:24 EST 2004

If the sudoers file supported full regular expressions, you could do
something like this:

Cmnd_Alias    RESOLV = /usr/bin/@(gedit|vim|vi|whatever)
/etc/resolv.conf

But it doesn't so you can't.

In situations like this, I always take the hard ass approach and say
"ok, you can either edit it with VI or GEDIT.  That's it."  If they
don't know VI, they can use GEDIT.  Or maybe use VI and NANO.

Eric Ladner, Systems Analyst
RFMS IT Support