[sudo-users] Distributing the sudoers file using rsync as a non root user

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Oct 1 04:07:42 EDT 2004

also sprach Martin Schröder <ms at artcom-gmbh.de> [2004.10.01.0949 +0200]:
> But authorized_keys can control the hosts which are allowed to
> login with a key and can diable any interactive shell-access for
> a key. This still allows writes with rsync from these hosts; but
> they can be trusted not to do this.

I do not see the point of having a separate user at all when rsync
is available via sudo. Might just as well go with root directly.
Think about it.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"you grabbed my hand and we fell into it,
 like a daydream - or a fever."
                                        -- godspeed you black emperor!