[sudo-users] group in Runas

mlh at zip.com.au mlh at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 6 07:17:15 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:38:56 -0600
"Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com> wrote:

> That's not going to do what you want.  It says that mlh can run
> commands as root or any user in the root, bin, daemon or sys groups.

OK, thanks for the reply.

But would what I want be used by any other sudo users?

Many of the things I use sudo for would be better done by
choosing a different set of groups to use.  This way the
ownership of files and hence auditibility is enhanced.

BTW, another reason I came up with my hat/setgroups program
is that NFS doesn't like more than 16 groups.  But I'd like
to belong to more than 16 groups -- we have a big machine with
many developers and projects.  This would be workable if I didn't
belong to all 16+ groups at the same time.

Think of it as a enhanced newgrp(1).

Matt