[sudo-users] Variable Argument in a command

Asif Iqbal iqbala-sudo-users at qwestip.net
Mon Oct 11 21:32:00 EDT 2004

Hi All

I have a command /usr/local/bin/ldsu <user> which gets all the ldap info
of a user. Per our policy only root can run this command. However a user
with correct sudo privilege is allowed to run it as well

But the problem is I can put this in the suders file

audit ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/ldsu testuser

and user audit can search for testuser. But I have thousand users. Is it
possible to come up with a sudo command that will allow audit user to
randomly query any user?

In other words I am looking for a sudoers line which conceptually looks
like this

audit ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/ldsu any_one_word_without_space

Thanks for the help

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu