[sudo-users] Sudo question about login in from one non roor user to another with no password prompt

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Oct 21 09:24:11 EDT 2004

also sprach Fontanez Martin <Fontanez.Martin at PBGC.GOV> [2004.10.21.1437 +0200]:
> How do I setup sudo to login from a non-root user to another user
> without prompting for a password?

How about reading the documentation?

Also, please make sure to read and understand

> %bob sol=(martin)      NOPASSWD: ALL

does this not work? It allows members of group bob to invoke sudo as
user martin on host sol. You need to tell sudo the target user
(which is root by default). I am also not sure you want to reference
a group named bob, which sounds more like a user.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

on the other hand, you have different fingers.