[sudo-users] sudoers - Configuration

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Oct 25 11:23:23 EDT 2004

In message <20041025072526.94203.qmail at web50205.mail.yahoo.com>
	so spake David tee (david_teee):

> I have 10 servers in which I have to distribute the roles to different people
> . Our environment doesn't have NIS+. Please let me know whether I need to imp
> lement Sudo in all the servers individually. Thanks for any help.

You can use a single sudoers file for all your machines but you'll
need to either distribute the sudoers file from a master machine
to the others via something like rsync or dist or just share it via
NFS.

Alek Komarnitsky has a nice slide show on how to use sudo in a
large, heterogeneous environment using an NFS-mounted sudoers file.
    http://www.komar.org/pres/sudo/

Personally, I just use rdist.