[sudo-users] Sudosh version 1.3.6 is now available

Doug Hanks dhanks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 22:08:02 EDT 2004

Sudosh version 1.3.6 is now available.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sudosh/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sudosh/

(freshmeat is slow on file releases; sf is always current)

* Special note: this version should be stable enough to run in
mission-critical environments.
   I have currently deployed it on 500 UNIX servers ranging from AIX
4.3 - 5.2 to Solaris 8&9.

   As you may have noticed sudosh has been going through a lot of
development and
   releases.  I would like to say thank you to everyone who has
provided feedback and bugs.
   Please provide feedback on this release or future releases in
regards to sudosh's viability
   in the server room.

Major changes since version 1.3.4

 o Another major code fix.  1.3.4 was using execle with a NULL
environment.  I thought this
   was a good idea until I had a few people really test it out and
report some issues.  I'm
   now using execl() for now.
 o Due to popular demand I have included Perl configuration in
autoconf because a few of you
   were having issues with Perl not being in /usr/bin/perl.  This only
applies to sudosh-replay
   command that replies the root session.  Everything else is still in
C using PTY devices.
 o Added @PACKAGE_NAME@, @VERSION@ and @PACKAGE_BUGREPORT@ to
   sudosh-replay.in so that sudosh-replay can now report its version
and maintainer.
 o Added configuration summary to configure.in.

--
- Doug Hanks = dhanks(at)gmail(dot)com