[sudo-users] secondary groups not honoured

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Oct 28 17:23:27 EDT 2004

among other things, my sudoers file contains:

Cmnd_Alias      MOUNT = /bin/mount, /bin/umount
%staff          NODE=(root) MOUNT
%cluster        NODE=(root) RENICE

I am:

node10:~/.etc/zsh/env> id
uid=1000(krafft) gid=10000(cluster)
groups=20(dialout),29(audio),44(video),50(staff),10000(cluster)

but when I do:

node10:~> sudo mount
Sorry, user krafft is not allowed to execute '/bin/mount' as root on
node10.

I can even change NODE to ALL in the line, and I get the same
effect. executing RENICE works fine, cluster is my primary group.

What's going on?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

have you drugged your kids today?